- How is human trafficking and exploitation tied to migration?
- What is the consequences of slavery in West Africa?
- Why do people migrate from many West African countries?
- What responsibility does Norwegian authorities have in the fight against slavery in our time, more specifically to achieve UNs sustainable development goal 8.7 that demands "immediate and effective measures to eradicate forced labour, end modern slavery and human trafficking and secure the prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labour"?
- What can individuals do to prevent the exploitation that is happening?
Fatoumatta Jarra Dabo, Vulnerable Groups Officer at International Organizational for Migration. Recently came back from Gambia, where she was working with Gambian migrants returning from Libya.
Tina Davis, Senior Advisor for sustainable business and human rights at the Rafto Foundation. She has directed the award-winning documentary film "Modern Slavery" and has advised politicians, businesses, academics and NGO's on subjects related to contemporary forms of slavery.
Ragnhild L. Torstensen, Project Manager at Freethem Norway. Freethem is a youth organization that works to prevent human trafficking and slavery of our time.
The moderator for the event will be Maria Hernández Carretero,
Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Social Anthropology at the University of Oslo.